February 8, 2018

Late 2018 Update


I'm over a whole month late on this but who is waiting for me to post stuff on a schedule?  Anyways, 2017 came and went and I did not do much stuff. The highlight of anything related to video games that I consider was "breathing life" back into this blog. And coming into 2018, I want to slowly continue what I started last year. You know, like playing a match on the new conquest map in SMITE.


New CPU

The major thing that is going to help me accomplish the goals I have set out for the blog is a new CPU. For a while now I have been with a dead hard drive and numerous outdated parts. But now, I can play a much greater variety of games and play some games that I have wanted to play for awhile now like SMITE and Crowfall.

World of Warcraft

WoW is most likely going to be the main content of posts for this year. With Battle for Azeroth releasing in Summer of 2018 and me picking up the game again I want to go in fresh. A new realm and a new character. I want to experience the supposed pain that people have been experiencing about leveling characters in WoW now since old world level scaling was introduced in 7.3.5. Plus I never bought Legion so I got plenty of stuff to entertain myself... even if I just want to play a damn void elf and I can't do that without BoA. We'll see. For now, if you guys can do so, please vote in the poll at the top of the sidebar I set up for people to vote on what class I should play. I have played through every single race starting zone so it doesn't matter to me much which race. I will just pick the race best suited for the class with the most votes.

SMITE

So I've wanted to play SMITE for years. Practically since the season 1 world championships for the games esports scene. Now it is season 5 and I can finally get into it. I find the game more interesting to watch than League. Plus for the most part, 3rd person games are what I've grown up with and are my go-to. I probably won't be posting much about this except for reviewing a new god or goddess I like or post an idea for a god similar to what I did at the end of last year with those hero concepts for Overwatch.

Crowfall

Crowfall has a very important place in my heart and not just because I backed the game when it was in its Kickstarter phase all the way back in 2015. Now it's 2018 and I can try out the game. My beta group, beta 2, got invited to testing sometime last year and I was unable to play at the time, but now I can. And with their announcement of getting rid of archetypes and replacing it with a race and class combination system, it makes me want to play it even more for all the new possibilities of race and class combinations. It's that last remaining part I had in my imagination of Crowfall back when it was first announced as play2crush. I'm not the best person at PvP at the moment (got to build up those skills) but the crafting system seems very promising to me that I'd like to get on that ASAP. Plus the building system and Eternal Kingdoms is just screaming my name. Plus my gaming username is built with the former archetype of Frostweaver (which is now a class I will be immediately switching too as soon as they release it) in mind. I really would like to discuss Crowfall a lot and expose it to as many people as possible as it is a very promising game that is still in its infancy. I just don't know how they are going to deal with all the people who make giant dicks in their Eternal Kingdoms as that is one of the main reasons why LEGO Universe (you all feel me if that game has a special place in your childhood)  shut down.

Wizard101 and Pirate101

Oh boy. The motherload of all problems. This game first got me to start blogging but I don't know if I can continue doing it to the same full-on commitment as the other games that I have mentioned above and will mention below. If I have to describe with my current outlook, the game is basically a 3D version of Club Penguin with a turned based strategy combat mechanic. If I ever do a blog post on the game it will be because I am interested in the story that the 4 head writers of the game have done or something else captivates me to write about it. The story is what keeps me going back into the game, and with it now being that the head writer from Pirate101 is also one of the two head writers for Wizard101, it makes me even more interested in the story. But don't expect a lot in this department from me.

Other Games

There are so many other games besides the four I mentioned. Overwatch is one of them. That game and its new official esports scene have me constantly going back for more and more and I haven't even bought the game, much less tried it out. Heroes of the Storm is also very interesting to me as it is a MOBA but not in the traditional sense as I'm sure has been said many many times already. It is really fun to play casually from my short time so far. Plus there is an endless variety of games on Steam. I want to especially get into Stardew Valley and Trove. Going away from Steam games, I also want to get into the Java version of Minecraft as there is a lot more creativity in that version than the mobile one. Also if it ever happens again, to buy Cubeworld because that is a very nice looking game done by only two developers. It's basically if WoW met Minecraft if you have never seen it before. I suggest looking it up.

I'm also getting that mid-20s nostalgia of my childhood and so I'm finding all of these emulators of my childhood games like Pirates of the Caribbean Online, Toontown, LEGO Universe, and more. It's just a giant mess of games right now and I'll just start pooping my words about them on to the blog. Expect a lot more from me this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment